OTC Japans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OTC Japans

Anything regarding OTC: Japanese!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

yonaguni the lost Atlantis

Go down 
+2
Sjaakie
blablablabla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blablablabla

blablablabla

yonaguni the lost Atlantis Empty
PostSubject: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Ever heard of Yonaguni?

It is the most southern island in Okinawa. It is said that there has been found some old ruins under water, that date from the time around 10.000 BC. So you all know what that means right, this could be the proof that a civilized culture could have been living on this earth much longer then people would have ever imagined.

Although scientists and archeologists are still in debate whether this has a natural cause or that it is handmade, I made my decision, that the government wants to let the people believe in Darwin's theory even though there is no proof for Darwin’s theory.

And the most coolest part of it is, that if this is handmade, It is the oldest civilization found, right there in Japan. Maybe it is the lost Atlantis. Who knows.

Go Yonaguni!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sjaakie

Sjaakie

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 4:46 pm

Whoever blablablabla is. That is good information to give.

*Keeps a lookout on it*
Back to top Go down
ロッテ

ロッテ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 5:08 pm

blablablabla wrote:
Ever heard of Yonaguni?

It is the most southern island in Okinawa. It is said that there has been found some old ruins under water, that date from the time around 10.000 BC. So you all know what that means right, this could be the proof that a civilized culture could have been living on this earth much longer then people would have ever imagined.

Although scientists and archeologists are still in debate whether this has a natural cause or that it is handmade, I made my decision, that the government wants to let the people believe in Darwin's theory even though there is no proof for Darwin’s theory.

And the most coolest part of it is, that if this is handmade, It is the oldest civilization found, right there in Japan. Maybe it is the lost Atlantis. Who knows.

Go Yonaguni!!!!

As far as I know, Darwin`s theory has been proven correct several times though. But I suppose that might be just me Wink

But this does sound interesting! I`ll be sure to look up more about it =)
Back to top Go down
nananana

nananana

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

totally OT but - I can't believe you're using that as your icon. hahahahahaha.

now on-topic: darwin's 'missing link' was never discovered; every time they thought they found it, it turned out to no proof after all.
Back to top Go down
blablablabla

blablablabla

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:19 pm

I can't believe it myself either.
Back to top Go down
kavyaanshrike

kavyaanshrike

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm

on topic the bible has been disproven so times it is not even funny anymore....
on the missing link only the most abismal small percentage of animal and/or human remains turn into fossiles.
taking into accoutn that humans were at the start of their excistence, not many would have excisted yet this missing link species had to have died under perfect circumstances to be found.
anually thousands upon thousands of fossils are accidentaly destroyed etc.
so rough sketch of the situation:

what if 1 million of the missing link excisted ( this is way more than it most probably was)
ther is a chance of 0.003 percent of something tunring into a fossile meaning there would be ehm 3000 fossilised remais of the missing link taking into account that a fossil of it emerges needs to be extraced quite fast before it decayes and the remote regions they are usually found in, the missing link fossils are harder to find than straight lesbians, it is not a matter of it not excisting but we have just not found them yet.

we keep discovering new species everyday and many many more have yet to be discovered.
also another theory:
fact: every 250 million years anything heavier then 5 kilos is destroyed.. if a civilization of near human intelligence excisted and they were not capeble of saving themselves on the precipice they would have been destroyed but maybe some of the things they might have created if they excisted would have survived and we might find those.
before any1 gets smart here and sais buildings weigh more than 5 kilos correct, but an object of a certain size and mass ... mountians etc or extreme sturdiness would survive the blast that kills everything else.
Back to top Go down
blablablabla

blablablabla

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 am

I'm sorry that this topic resulted into a battle of evolution VS creationism. I just wanted to let the world know about Yonaguni and that it is a wonderful place, with a lot of mysteries.

Nevertheless I am pleased to see people starting to think about these things, and maybe searching up about these things. However keep in mind, that not everything the experts now about science and evolution comes to us ''normal citizens''. I am convinced about the fact that the government or the science world keeps their mouth shot about some things, in order to not create a mass chaos within our society.

Every one has the right to criticize the bible, but you have to keep in mind, that for Christians the bible is not here to be proven. It is a book where they can relay their thoughts and take an example on how to live your life or not to live your life. So science is not included with the bible.
Back to top Go down
ロッテ

ロッテ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:51 am

blablablabla wrote:
I'm sorry that this topic resulted into a battle of evolution VS creationism. I just wanted to let the world know about Yonaguni and that it is a wonderful place, with a lot of mysteries.

Nevertheless I am pleased to see people starting to think about these things, and maybe searching up about these things. However keep in mind, that not everything the experts now about science and evolution comes to us ''normal citizens''. I am convinced about the fact that the government or the science world keeps their mouth shot about some things, in order to not create a mass chaos within our society.

Every one has the right to criticize the bible, but you have to keep in mind, that for Christians the bible is not here to be proven. It is a book where they can relay their thoughts and take an example on how to live your life or not to live your life. So science is not included with the bible.

except that I don`t see a battle but that might be just me =)

If Yonaguni existed somewhere at one point, it might have indeed been a wonderful place, but unfortunately, for now even the place itself is a mystery.

I am also convinced the governments of all countries keep their mouths shut and shut up those of scientists about several things. Not just convinced, I know they do. Take for example the whole theory of the world heating up. Even though more and more scientists are finding their way to the media themselves to prove otherwise, the government will keep claiming the world is heating up. Not to avoid mass chaos, but for their own good. It`d be political suicide to admit otherwise after having taking all those precautions. And that`s besides the bribery and all other illegal things going on at your average government.

Besides that I don`t see how the bible popped up "on-topic" in this thread, I do agree that the bible does not have much to do with science and is more of a guideline on how to live amongst other people peacefully, described with stories, because that`s how people remember things: you put them in a -fictional or not- story and read it to people or have them read it themselves.
To me, that`s all there is to the bible, a book of stories to help people take an example on how to live their lives.

The problem isn`t the bible, it`s the people who believe that, for example, water could be turned into wine or oceans could be split. Because yes, those people do exist. And that`s where science comes in and tries to prove them that no, that was and still is not possible.

In the end, I don`t think we`ll ever really know anything, about Yonaguni, the start of human kind, which parts of the bible are true, anything, unless we can really go back in time and look for ourselves. I don`t think that, even if it might someday be possible, it won`t happen in our lifetime that people will travel through time.
Back to top Go down
ケーリ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:10 pm

If I remember it correctly, they actually found the 'missing link' some days/weeks ago...I remember reading about it.

But anyways, I've done a presentation on Atlantis in high school, and there are multiple things like Yonaguni found all over the world. I don't think any of them is Atlantis, I'd rather believe there've been a few ancient countries/people/societies that we just don't know about...
Back to top Go down
ロッテ

ロッテ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:52 pm

ケーリ wrote:
If I remember it correctly, they actually found the 'missing link' some days/weeks ago...I remember reading about it.

But anyways, I've done a presentation on Atlantis in high school, and there are multiple things like Yonaguni found all over the world. I don't think any of them is Atlantis, I'd rather believe there've been a few ancient countries/people/societies that we just don't know about...

i read about that same thing probably, was kind of happy about it XD

I know, and if you think about it, there`s not really a plausible logical way for Yonaguni to be Atlantis, really. There`s bound to be civilizations in places we don`t know of, we know fuck all of this planet anyway. We think we know, but we really don`t.
Back to top Go down
ケーリ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:41 am

@ロッテ: Why am I not surprised you read about the missing link? Wink The article I read was really small, so I was planning on looking it up on the internet later on
Back to top Go down
ロッテ

ロッテ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 pm

ケーリ wrote:
@ロッテ: Why am I not surprised you read about the missing link? Wink The article I read was really small, so I was planning on looking it up on the internet later on

because I somehow read those type of things like insane? XD BBC News had an article on it when it was announced to the public, so yeah XD
Back to top Go down
ケーリ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 pm

ロッテ wrote:
because I somehow read those type of things like insane? XD BBC News had an article on it when it was announced to the public, so yeah XD

There's an article on it in National Geographic, so I bought to have something to read when I'm in France. If you like, you can borrow it when school starts again Razz .

But I think we're kinda off topic here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sjaakie

Sjaakie

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 pm

Kayleigh, you can hardly call it off-topic when the forum is as dead as it is Wink
Back to top Go down
ケーリ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm

Sjaakie wrote:
Kayleigh, you can hardly call it off-topic when the forum is as dead as it is Wink

Yeah I guess so Razz Why is it so dead anyway, aren't we supposed to be the weirdest people in the Netherlands or something? (is weirdest even proper English?? rabbit )
Back to top Go down
ロッテ

ロッテ

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 pm

ケーリ wrote:
Sjaakie wrote:

Yeah I guess so Razz Why is it so dead anyway, aren't we supposed to be the weirdest people in the Netherlands or something? (is weirdest even proper English?? rabbit )

it`s because people are also boring XD

and sure, I`ll borrow that NGC mag if you don`t mind!!

knowledge, nom nom nom nom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yonaguni the lost Atlantis   yonaguni the lost Atlantis Empty

Back to top Go down

yonaguni the lost Atlantis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OTC Japans :: Japan :: Culture and History-
Jump to: