OTC Japans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OTC Japans

Anything regarding OTC: Japanese!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favourites?

Go down 
+3
Jordtomas
kavyaanshrike
TebanaSankichi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TebanaSankichi

TebanaSankichi

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Alright, since no one probably has the guts to start a topic here, I will! hehe.

I don't exaclty like regular manga, but there is one that is deffinitly my favourite story of all time! Not just manga, but also book/artwork etc. I would like to know if anyone else besides me knows about Blame! Blame! is not your regular crappy manga, it is actually incredibly original and inspiring. Even if you read it 2,3 or 4 times, everytime you will discover new things. It's really underrated and not so famous, so is there anyone here that knows about this really awesome story, or otherwise, reads any of Tsutomu Nihei's stuff?

For more info, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame! ( add the ! in the link ). Even if you don't like manga, I could really reccomend this!

So, if you have any, what about yours?
Back to top Go down
http://tebanasankichi.blogspot.com/
kavyaanshrike

kavyaanshrike

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

blame is awesome must agree..
hmm i liked naruto still read it.. and bleach but bleach has been at the same point for a year now time to kill aizen now mkay
soul eater was awesome...
hmmmz other than that... dunno dont like anime and stuffz i do read looking for group but thats not a manga its awesome tho
Back to top Go down
Jordtomas
Admin
Jordtomas

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Hmm I'll check it out sometime ^^
It sounds interesting Smile

For a personal favorite; I really liked FLCL (fooly cooly), wchich is super weird, but really funny, and the soundtrack is really nice (The Pillows) Very Happy
Also; I really liked Eureka 7, about a special Mech and stuff, awesome action ^^

Bleach was fun back in the days, but I lost my interest in the Hueco Mundo saga thingie Razz
Back to top Go down
nananana

nananana

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 pm

I haven't seen many anime, to be really honest. I'm kind of an oldskool-loving girl when it comes to manga/anime, so all the new shows just seem crap to me by default. (with some exceptions, mind).

I liked Patalliro (which is like, the detective-70s version of Shin-chan). Anything drawn by Clamp is pretty cool (though I like the art books better than the actual manga/anime). Errr, Tekkaman Blade (mecha ftw), IWGP (the live-action drama is better though), FLCL, GITS, Elven Lied, Monster, Dolls, Mirai Nikki, Parasyte, stuff like that, mostly.

I dislike naruto, if only for the useless material they push in between storylines. I think it could've been pretty decent if it hadn't been commercialized and watered down.

Blame seems pretty awesome, actually.
Back to top Go down
TebanaSankichi

TebanaSankichi

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:15 am

Jordtomas wrote:
Hmm I'll check it out sometime ^^
It sounds interesting Smile

For a personal favorite; I really liked FLCL (fooly cooly), wchich is super weird, but really funny, and the soundtrack is really nice (The Pillows) Very Happy
Also; I really liked Eureka 7, about a special Mech and stuff, awesome action ^^

Bleach was fun back in the days, but I lost my interest in the Hueco Mundo saga thingie Razz

I LOVE the pillows! haha, and FLCL was pretty cool yeah! And odd... haha
Back to top Go down
Perenbaas-B
Admin
Perenbaas-B

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Welcome the the NHK / NHKにようこそ
Back to top Go down
https://otcjapans.forumotion.com
TebanaSankichi

TebanaSankichi

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:36 am

Any Gantz readers?
Back to top Go down
ウェワー

ウェワー

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 4:08 pm

^I read it, it's pretty good. I read they are making a live-action movie out of it as well, but it'll probably end up a CGI-fest.

As for anime/manga, I don't really watch much anime anymore (kinda outgrew it I guess).

But authors I like that come to mind are Urasawa Naoki (Monster, 20th Century Boys) and Junji Ito (Gyo, Uzumaki, and his short story collections).
And various other horror or graphic manga like Berserk or Kiseijyuu.
Back to top Go down
Sjaakie

Sjaakie

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Gantz was awesome, but I'm sorry.... I'm no reader!

Anyway, if there are any Kaiji lovers out there. A live-action movie has been made about it. Basically taking the anime and leaving parts out, still pretty cool.
And if you like Kaiji, revolves around gambling, then also check out One Outs (baseball series, but it's more like Kaiji than Major - which also owns by the way.)

And it has way too many episodes, and sadly also a lot of fillers, but still is really cool - One piece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favourites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourites?   Favourites? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourites?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OTC Japans :: Japan :: Anime & Manga-
Jump to: